Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Chevymanusa View Post
    It happens.
    Thanks to Chevymanusa for the new title of my newsletter... "IT Happens"

Untanglit

It was a sad night. Would we get emailed if the downtime is at all known? That would be cool. Thanks.

mdh

If it were known in advance, it would have been posted here. Considering that the web site was down, the forums were down, and the library was down, the opportunity to email would have also been down. Also, don't forget that this is the unpaid support side of Untangle and its primarily community-driven.

Quote Originally Posted by everythingsround View Post
    It was a sad night. Would we get emailed if the downtime is at all known? That would be cool. Thanks.
    I'm looking into either starting or reviving a announcement email list for just that sort of issue.

We will have some planned downtime in the near future, it will be minimal and will happen late at night. (although with our global userbase, it's never late at night for everyone.) :-)

I will post here and there will be an announcement on the website when it's coming.

I want to thank all the users who pm'd with offers of backup site services. It is greatly appreciated!
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Things go down, it happens. Good job getting it back up. Keep up the good work.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by rob8862 View Post
    Thanks to Chevymanusa for the new title of my newsletter... "IT Happens"
    Damn it I forgot to add "TM" to the end of that...
    Anyways, my apologies on how I reacted to your original post. It slipped my memory that untangle needs to download the applications for the rack and to acquire a key. Hopefully this episode will lead to development of a stand alone installation (which would be lovely for times like this). I would like to see in the future downloading an ISO, burning, installing and not requiring to download anything other then updates.

-Chevyman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12