Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Skathen View Post
    dmorris - can you give us any info how this feature is progressing? Sorry, my boss keeps asking me when untangle is going to have this feature :P
    Which one specifically?

Untangler

Bandwidth control, traffic shaping, user quotas, any info would be great

Default adaptive bandwidth control

I realize this thread is stale now, but....

I'd really love to give everyone "no limit" bandwidth until they reach some threshold, then automatically kick 'em [their mac address] down to some preset rate [10kbps] for 1 hour or something like that -

Our bandwidth is small, and I want everyone to be able to use it, but want to penalize those who are just hogging it! (doing 10 downloads at once etc)

Default Tenarys is bringing bandwidth management to Untangle

Tenarys is developing a paid bandwidth management app for Untangle. If you'd like to be notified when it's available, or if you'd like to participate in our beta program, please register on our web site HERE. We'll also announce general availability on this thread.

_______
    Tenarys

Untangler

I would have to agree with GreyMan. I was just searching for a Netflow probe agent to put on my untangle box when I came across this thread. Netflow support would be awesome. NTop is a great example of what I want, and probably what I'm going to rig up on my untangle box

Talking Eta?

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    There are a *lot* of feature requests around managing and monitoring the bandwidth usage of the network. I'd like to hear some specific use cases around what you are looking to accomplish.

Assume that we had a new bandwidth management app that was simple and powerful - what kind of policies would people put in place on their networks?

some examples I've heard thus far:
    - monitor bandwidth consumption (reports)
    - visualize real-time bandwidth consumption
    - restrict some applications/websites to certain allocations (youtube to 5kb/sec)
    - prioritize traffic such that some activities can never take bandwidth from mission critical apps (voip, salesforce.com, etc)
    - prioritize traffic such that latency critical applications don't suffer (voip, games, etc)
    - give a specific user or machine a quota (500Mb/day)
    - give everyone quotas (500Mb/day) and after they use the quota the have very little bandwidth (ie - the penalty box like a 10kb/sec limit)
    I only have one question! When is it going to be ready?

Untangler

ditto

Untangler

I am also interested in an update. I am getting pressure from the big man upstairs, wanting to know when we can use Untangle for bandwidth shaping!

Thanks!

Wow, a threat with a year of live, happy birthday !!! (there is not emoticon with a candle cake here).

this sounds great to me.

i'd love to see a way to manipulate the queues to offer a bit more granularity to sysadmins who need more queue levels than the current model of low/med/high

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast