Default Untangle vrs Lightspeed Systems

May I start by stating how great you product is. We are incorporating and Untangle box to eventally replace our Lightspeed Windows box. You guys are close but there are two options were lightspeed "shines". First, how when you get a blocked message you can bypass by username/password. Secondly, how you can throttle a website that has alot of multimedia/video and eats alot of bandwith. In our current setup if untangle can do what I stated, we could completly bring down out Lightspeed box. Can it do it now??!!
    Thanks

And keep up the good work.

mdh

You could add the block username/password request as an enhancement. We are always evaluating user requests. You can do that at http://bugzilla.untangle.com.

As far as throttling a external website, your best bets would be to use Protocol Control to block content by protocol type, or use Web Filter and block by either category, specific URL, or by file extension.

It seemed more like he wanted to allow access to the multimedia sites but give them less bandwidth to eat up more than just block them totally. But who knows, I may be wrong.

mdh

I think you may be right (different day, different perspective). We don't have QoS or Traffic Shaping right now, unfortunately.