Untanglit

Default computer getting over 5GB a night

Not sure the best place to post this.

I have a client that got a call from their ISP stating they are maxing out their data line every night. I put in an Untangle in bridge mode and turned on every logging feature to try and see what is happening. I found one IP that is getting over 4GB (and sometimes over 5GB) each night. It starts and ends at pretty much the same times.

Can Untangle help me find what type of traffic this is? I can see all the websites and other stuff the computer goes to but it doesn't show how much comes from what. Just the overall amount per IP address.

Thanks for any help.

pod
    Master Untangler

Try logging BitTorrent in Protocol Control.

either that or that computer is infected with a trojan and sending all your data to china every night.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Untanglit

I thought of the bit torrent and file sharing too. I checked "log" for all 9 pages in the protocol control. I made this change yesterday afternoon so I may need to wait another 24 hours to get a complete report.

All of the traffic in incoming. Only a couple hundred MB goes out.

I ran a few scans on the PC for virus/spyware and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary (a few cookies and a couple other items, nothing hardcore).

well in that case someone is doing some kind of crazy downloading. I thought you meant uploads, not downloads.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

Untanglit

If you install nTop on your untangle box you can see exactly how much is being downloaded from where in realtime. There is a tutorial here nTop install on Untangle