Untangler

Smile Feature Request: Webfilter time based

hi all.....

first of all big thanks to this wonderfull project!

is it possible to made the Webfilter time based
    is it possible to made the Client allowance on the webfilter time based

i mean this as an addition...

a user calls the support to view a site... and the support permits it for this client 120min. as an example

thanks for answer

Currently we do have the time based policy, however it is something like this. From 12pm to 1 pm use this rack which allows the users to go to myspace.com during lunch. From 1:01pm to 6:00pm use the default rack for business.
    to be understood, you must first understand.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself. If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

But the problem with that is that when you create a new rack, there is no way to copy/inherit all the other configs in all the other packages you want/have-to use, right?
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado

Yeah, each rack is a separate entity that has to be configured manually. So if you make a change on one side, you have to manually update the other. It makes minor things like simply allowing an extra protocol past the protocol module, or minor adjustments to the web filter a real PITA.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

So... is there any bugzilla ticket about it? This is a feature request that needs to be done.... otherwise, at least for us, we can't do anything paying for get the multiple racks...
    Juan Machado

Well from my end the policy manager is worth the buy if you have the ad connector, or, you want to use a UT router for multiple segments. It's really nice to have a separate rack managing DMZ - Internet, vs Internal - Internet, and even DMZ - Internal. It makes the unit MUCH easier to manage in larger environments.

There are just a few spaces where you really want to make a minor module adjustment most of the time exceptions... and the policy manager just isn't the right tool.

I know there is an enhancement request filed to allow us to copy rack settings.

I think there are really two things that need done to address this.

1.) The aforementioned copy rack settings feature.
    2.) Every module needs to have the web filter module's option to add an exception.

That way the freebie guys can get their fix, and the people who buy can get the control.

Personally however, I'm expending my energy on the Active Directory module... if I can get that thing to work with non Microsoft LDAP and build the scripts for linux and mac, we just got a massive upgrade to the policy manager as well. I *Need* the ability to control mac clients on my network.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com