Default Keyboard only install impossible--must use mouse

Great product so far.

Has anyone tried to install Untangle without a mouse? I don't think it can be done. Can you have your test crew try running through your installer without having a mouse plugged in?

Most of the steps work until you get to 4. Hardware test. In my case, I got a warning confirmation and then pushed "Close". After that, I was unable to get to any buttons (Close, Previous, or Next), although I could see them just fine.

Once I got to that point, I plugged in a USB mouse and proceeded. However, when I tried to do the same thing on virtually identical hardware for a second box, my USB mouse did not work. I had to dig up a PS/2 mouse to complete the install.

Food for thought.

I hadn't thought of that.....
    Lucky you still had that PS2 mouse laying around. I think that's the kind of thing that needs to be in like 72 hour kits. Just in case you know. One never knows when it'll come in handy. lol.

Default Keyboard only/mouseless local operation?

Actually, you can install without a mouse. On that hardware page you mentioned I think I was able to use CTRL-TAB to move from the top section to the buttons down below.

HOWEVER, once the server rebooted and I cancelled out of the configure setup wizard, I could not get to any of the buttons on the bottom of the screen (shutdown, restart, terminal window, etc. etc.).

Is there any way to admin the server locally w/out a mouse? If not, can it be made to do so?

My installation of Ubuntu is on Hyper-V Server, and I can't use a mouse in Untangle through the Hyper-V manager because I haven't found an integration installer for Untangle...at least not yet...

Is there anyway to get around on the main Untangle screen without a mouse???

I know I could do remote, but my network isn't all config'd yet, so the Untangle box doesn't even have an IP set just yet, and I can't remotely connect to it.

This is in version 5.3.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Smile How I installed Untangle on Ubuntu without a mouse

I just installed Untangle on Ubuntu 8.04 Server Edition without a mouse by performing the installation steps as noted here.

Follow these steps:
    1. Ubuntu, install the openssh-server package.
    2. On your Linux desktop connect to the Ubuntu/Untangle server using SSH as follows:
    Code:
    ssh skinnychook@1.2.3.4 -L 8080:127.0.0.1:80 -f "sleep 20"
    3. Open a browser on your Linux desktop to http://127.0.0.1:8080

Instructions on how to launch the installation Wizard are from this post.

Voila!