Thread: Compliment

Default Compliment

Guys, you probably don't hear this enough...but, THANKS !!! Thanks for building this incredible product, making it free and supporting it the way you do.

I'm fairly new to Untangle...have been reading the posts for hours now (yeah, I'm a geek) and have seen complaints, requests, etc...very LITTLE accolades for what most are getting FREE. (Including the support)

I've been in the IT business for a global company for over 20 years now and have never seen anything that "just flat works out of the box" like this does.

Yeah, there are some glitches...but overall, an incredible product.

So, just...THANKS !!!

It really is kind of sad... and a trap that I fall into myself. The thing does "just work" 99.9% of the time.. and that last .1% gets so darn grating it's infuriating at times.

But, I'm with you, great product, great people, sold!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Fantastic product! Thank you Untangle.

Master Untangler

I'll have to agreed, tested untangle.
    Love untangle.
    Professional package user now.
    Commtouch spam booster user too.

99.9% great.

Just need some of it sorting so we can show management decent reports lol

Great work.

Reports, the video issues, random GUI strangeness, oddities in interface assignment...

The list goes on and on... it certainly isn't perfect but I haven't ever been in the situation when given access to the box and some time I haven't been able to make it work. That is worlds more than can be said of all the other UTMs I've worked with, and most SOHO routers.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Only issue that bothers me is reporting lol

The rest I can live with. Only care about reporting because management asks for it from time to time.

If they didn't ask for it I would give a rats ass about it

I no longer give a damn about sliced bread... Untangle FTMFW!
    Dude, Where's My Car?

Let me add my name to the list...

Great work Untangle. No it isn't perfect, but no product is and as some one said, it is often easy to get caught up in complaints about what doesn't work *precicely* the way you want.

Fact is, you have integrated a product in a way that even savvy network admins would have a hard time building/maintaining in a controlled way for their audience. And you have done so whith a click-through install.

Compare that with the bullit-proof ISP style mail server configuration it took me 40 hours to design/build/document. You let me build a capable border device in 30 min.

Well done.

Untangler

Yeah, Untangle totally saved our ass at gfn.org, a nonprofit ISP I'm involved with. Our spam problem had gotten so bad we were having mail server outages, and losing members left and right. Our new collocation provider suggested Untangle, we had it running in an afternoon, and by the next morning our spam problem was completely gone. Thanks!

To the OP, I hope you see that most of the criticism here is of the constructive variety, and many of the suggestions help improve later versions. There is a pretty good community here, and that's one of the things that's great about Untangle.