Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Chrome

I too find Chrome much faster and simpler to use (I know - it's a personal thing) than Firefox or IE.
    I do have to use IE to view the admin page. Works fine in IE8 but just hangs on initializing in Chrome.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by raditude View Post
    Not sure which version of Chrome you are using? I use Iron (same base as Chrome, just with Google stripped out), and once I upgraded to v4 (beta), I was able to access my UT boxes... prior to v4, it didnt work, I used FF and IE depending on where I was at the time.
    I am using version 3.0.195.38. I might have to check out Iron... Thanks.

Is the "main" reason for going to Iron the potential lack of privacy in Chrome?

Main reason I went is I wanted all "google" stripped from the browser, although I still have it set (google) as the default search engine if you just type something in the address bar. So yes I guess you could say for "privacy".

Untangle Ninja

I just installed Google Chrome for the MAC and it loads and renders the UT screens just fine. Pretty quick!

I'm using it on Snow Leopard 10.6 with MacBook Pro.

Lannie

lschafroth, I think that the new Chrome for Mac is based on v4, which works fine in Windoze as well, but the previous versions < v3 had issues with rendering..

Untangle Ninja

I like it's speed so far. Much snappier than FF 3.5.7. I'll play a while and see how it goes.

Lannie

Installed Chrome 4.0 for Linux for testing purposes, and it interfaces with my UT boxes just fine, for what it's worth.

Probably don't plan on switching from Firefox to Chrome, but one thing I noticed is Chrome's native support of streaming media, which seemed to work flawlessly.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lschafroth View Post
    I like it's speed so far. Much snappier than FF 3.5.7. I'll play a while and see how it goes.

Lannie
    I noticed one quirk with Chrome. When you go to the Spam filter logs, down at the bottom, you can choose what type of event, when you click on the drop down box, it pops up at the very top of the page. Strange, but it works.

Lannie

I heart Chrome !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123