Untangler

Default Blocking Internal Clients from Reaching External Interfaces

Hi,
    I have deployed Untangle in Transparent Mode behind a Firewall. It's configure d with two WAN Connections and 1 Internal Interfaces.

The Clients in the Internal Interfaces are having Untangle Internal IP Address as a Gateway. I have noticed that the clients can reach all the external Interfaces via the Internal Interfaces of Untangle.

How can I prevent users behind the Untangle from reaching external Interfaces?

But I want them to access certain websites that hosted in the DMZ "External Interfaces of Untangle".

Thanks,
    Last edited by habibalby; 04-22-2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Screen Shot

Untangler

hello,
    Found that the rule that I made in the previous screen shot, its actually blocking the entire Internet access from all Internal Clients

I need a rule to block unnecessary traffic goes from Internal to External and allow only the necessary things such as FTP or Web Server.

Thanks,

This maybe a bit off topic, but seems like emails with large attachments are blocked from coming in. I looked thru the forums, but did not really find any sound solution.

Quote Originally Posted by sodola View Post
    This maybe a bit off topic, but seems like emails with large attachments are blocked from coming in. I looked thru the forums, but did not really find any sound solution.
    yes, it's off topic - next time it's better to start your own thread.

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/S...ivered._Why.3F

use firewall rules to block source and destinations.
    to block certain website you would need to block all website using the webfilter and then add sites you want viewable in the passlist.
    kv-2 | UT 11.0.1 | Dell R610 Server | Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 24Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel QPort NIC | Integrated Broadcom QP | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb | 30mb/30Mb