Untangler

Default Uploads to Partner Bank Blocked

I have an issue with I have isolated to Untangle. We got new check scanners for three workstations in my AR department. I installed them today with the help of the check scanner company and it scans the checks fine then times out on uploading the batch to the bank. They are telling me its a firewall issue blocking the upload on my end.

They had me take a workstation and plug it directly into my ISP modem (bypassing Untangle) and the upload happens instantly as designed so we now know something within Untangle is blocking this upload.

They told me to unblock ports 21, 10099 and range 990-999 which I did but it didnt fix the issue. I have turned the Firewall module off as well as all of the other modules I have installed and the upload still fails. I again plugged into the ISP modem, bypassing Untangle and the upload takes place perfectly fine.

I am stumped and cant figure out how to get this check batch to upload behind Untangle. After timing out it says TLS authentication failed which the check scanner company tells me is 100% a firewall issue

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I am using Untangle Free Version 9.4.1 x86

Modules Installed:
    Web Filter Lite
    Virus Blocker Lite
    Spyware Blocker Lite
    Spam Blocker Lite
    Application Control Lite
    Firewall
    Intrusion Prevention
    Ad Blocker
    Reports
    OpenVPN
    Attack Blocker

Thanks

Dominic

If you know the destination ip address of your partner bank, bypass them in config/networking/advanced/bypass rules
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Untangler

For the rule, do I just add the destination IP or do I also have to add the ports they asked me to unblock as well (21, 10099, 990-999)??

Thank you for the quick help.

Only the ip address, no make sense to "protect" your network from a partner, you must believe in them.
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Untangler

Thank you very much dwasserman!! You have no idea how big a help this was. I was pulling my hair out not being able to figure out what was blocking the bank upload. After creating the bypass rule with their IP it work perfectly!!! I owe you!