Master Untangler

Default Family iOS devices using FaceTime behind NGFW

Hi - not unlike many households, we have multiple family members, each with a mobile device using FaceTime to video chat with others via the internet. These many devices do not have static IPs and obtain DHCP IP addresses.

Are you needing to take any other steps at the firewall to make inbound and outbound FaceTime video calls?

Have ready FT uses ports 53, 80, 443, 5223, etc., but wasn’t sure how to allow traffic on each of these ports for dynamic IP devices.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no settings needed beyond the default settings for Facetime to work. Facetime works by using outgoing connection to Apple servers. By default all outgoing connections are open.
    miles267 likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Thanks jcoffin. I noticed last night while my son was taking to a friend who was over cellular, FaceTime used STUN per the session manager in NGFW. However when both parties are communicating via WiFi, session manager reports the session as FaceTime. So was just checking to see whether I should be doing something special to pass this traffic in both directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk