Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Default Allowing Tagged Hosts

I added tags to hosts and am trying to create an allow rule from OpenVPN users to specific (tagged) computers. I can't get it to work when using the condition "Tagged".

Is "tagged" referring to VLAN tags, or the string "Tags" applied to Devices, Hosts and Users?

It is NGFW tag strings, not VLAN or dnsmasq tags.

Master Untangler

Thanks. Do you have an example of what a working rule using tags would look like? I'm trying to allow a specific Local Directory user, or OpenVPN client, to connect to a group of tagged computers? I've attached a screenshot of what I've tried.

I can see in the firewall logs, I'm blocked due to my Block All OpenVPN users rule, which is the last rule. So, at least that works. =) s2 openvpn support firewall rule.png

Where is this rule placed?

\more of a screenshot is helpful, to include the URL
    If you think I got Grumpy

Master Untangler

This screenshot was taken when adding a new Firewall rule. Sorry I can't provide a better screenshot with the URL at the moment as the upgrade to 15.1.1 did not work well at all for me. Reinstalling from scratch is also failing, but i expect to have a solution by tomorrow evening.

Master Untangler

Here's a screenshot of the same setting with URL, in regards to adding a new Firewall rule.

EDIT - I'm unable to upload a picture. I tried on two different computers, three different browsers and two separate networks. There's no 'Ok' option in the Insert Image window, when choosing to upload the png. I'll try again later. For now, I'll just state that the URL is:

Last edited by dukejames; 09-18-2020 at 06:00 AM.

The URL is helpful, thanks.

And you stated that the block rule is at the bottom.

I don't have an example, sorry. I have only started to do a little with tags myself. And I haven't got experience doing the 'block-all rules' to have anything 'pop out' for me.

Regarding the screenshots, that is worse than I have seen yet. On each post, there is a [Go Advanced] button, where there is a [Manage Attachments] that can work a little better (sometimes) that might help.

So the next screenshot I would like to see is of the rules overview, to check the logic flow.

[Upload File(s)] is a button.

insert image.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Untangler

Thanks for the tip on uploading an image. Here's a screenshot of the current Firewall Rules table.

Untangle Firewall Rules.png
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Master Untangler

I can get the rule to work fine when using a destination address, but not with tags. It's as if they're not being reviewed.

Another odd thing is, when I go to the Hosts page, I can see the tags I entered there. If I switch to the Devices page, the tags are not shown. While still on the Devices page, if I add a tag to a completely different computer, I can see it on both the Hosts and Devices page.

I tried creating a pass firewall rule for the newly created tag made in the Devices page, but that also failed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast