Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Exactly, and this change requires the new router to have the exact same IP configuration as the old one, and if not all static devices must be adjusted.

Specifically I want you to make sure that 192.168.1.5 has whatever Untangle is using as an internal IP address, I assume 192.168.1.1, as its default gateway. AND, if 1.5 is WINDOWS BASED, you've booted the firewall appropriately because the change in MAC address will trigger it to reset any network based rules you may have created there.
    When I put the Untangle box inline, the NIC I'm using for the WAN has the public IP from my ISP and the 2nd NIC has a static IP of 192.168.1.1 (same IP that my Asus router had when it was pulling normal router duty).

Yes, the 192.168.1.5 server PC (running Debian 10.x) has 192.168.1.1 as the gateway and everything was rebooted after I set up the PowerEdge server with Untangle.

Since setting up Untangle, its been pretty much "set it and forget it". I only created 2 rules (both port forward rules). One for Plex (which is working perfectly....Plex server is running on 192.168.1.5) and the other rule is for this app that needs 6789.

And that's exactly it, because that's all it is.

You have a plex rule that works, and another that doesn't. The rule you posted looks good relative to the traffic you've selected. I'm left to assume that you haven't selected the correct traffic.

What app are you trying to make work?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

And that's exactly it, because that's all it is.

You have a plex rule that works, and another that doesn't. The rule you posted looks good relative to the traffic you've selected. I'm left to assume that you haven't selected the correct traffic.

What app are you trying to make work?
    I don't know how it can't be the correct traffic. With my Asus router setup, I created a simple port forward rule so that any traffic coming in from that IP on port 6789 was sent to 192.168.1.5. As you can see, I created the same, simple rule with Untangle but it's not working for some reason. I'll keep poking around on a solution and if I succeed, I'll update my post.

I think I might have a workaround for my problem (need time to test) so all in all, I'm really liking the capabilities of Untangle and how easy it was to get up and running with minimal fuss compared to similar products. I think I'll be going with the $150/year plan.
    Last edited by road hazard; 07-09-2021 at 11:41 AM.

What modules do you have installed?

If you have Threat Prevention running, check its logs... it loves to murder things on the way in for me.

I recommend hosted services either be bypassed, or policies used to segment them into their own rack without that module.
    jcoffin likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

What modules do you have installed?

If you have Threat Prevention running, check its logs... it loves to murder things on the way in for me.

I recommend hosted services either be bypassed, or policies used to segment them into their own rack without that module.
    CRAP!!!!! That was it, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Silly me, I didn't realize that when you install the demo of Untangle, all those extra features were active by default. I thought the trials only started when you went into them and activated what you wanted. So, I went into the apps and disabled Threat Prevention and my app is working PERFECTLY now!

I'm really sorry for wasting your time!
    jcoffin likes this.

To close the loop on this, I went into the rules for Threat Prevention and set that 51. IP to 'pass' and everything is humming along!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12