Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangler

I must have done something wrong.
    I set static reservation in DHCP, then added a Filter Rule of 'Source Address is ip-of-device', action 'block'.
    I'm still able to access the feed from outside the LAN.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dvdwsn View Post
    I set static reservation in DHCP, then added a Filter Rule of 'Source Address is ip-of-device', action 'block'.
    are you accessing it via a phone or a laptop ? Is the application cloud based ? More information please
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Quote Originally Posted by dvdwsn View Post
    Source address condition is for traffic originated from the device, not traffic originated from else where on the network. Can you expand on what you mean by "outside LAN"? Is that from the Internet or another LAN?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

From a phone app. I assume the traffic isn't direct, and is relayed through the companies servers.
    To test, I turned off wifi on my phone and from mobile data was able to connect to the video/audio feed.

Untangler

Basically by outside lan, I mean from the internet, but also any other networks. I want to set up a guest network that would be blocked off from accessing this device as well.
    The device is a baby monitor made by Owlet. I'm trying to block the traffic from the device from making it to the internet, but not stopping it from working when at home on wifi.

Untangler

I realized part of my mistake was that I was trying to enter the rule under Config > Network > Filter Rules. I entered the same rule under Apps > Firewall > Rules and it worked! For a bit. When connected to my LAN I could get the stream, and when on mobile data only, I couldn't unless I connected via VPN. But later the video stream wouldn't work locally or remotely. I went into the Firewall rule and unchecked Enable, then hit save. Still no luck. I tried power cycling the device, even restarted the Untangle box. I'd had a config issue a long time ago that was stuck, until I restarted. Still no luck. I even went it with the rule still disabled, and switched it from block to pass. Only once I went in and fully deleted the firewall rule, would the stream start up.
    Any ideas? I would have assumed that having the "Enable" check box un-checked, would fully disable that rule, no?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12