Untanglit

Default How can I block everything on a cheap IP camera except access to my NAS?

I have a cheap IP camera from Amazon that I want to setup to monitor one area of my house. I do not trust these cameras, especially since there are over 70,000 models out there, including mine, with severe security vulnerabilities.

I don't want to setup a vLAN for 1 camera, so how can I restrict this camera in Untangle to only allow it to communicate with My NAS where my NVR is setup? I do not want this camera to be able to access the internet. And if possible I'd like to block anything that isn't specifically required to function by my NVR.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by relink View Post
    I have a cheap IP camera from Amazon that I want to setup to monitor one area of my house. I do not trust these cameras, especially since there are over 70,000 models out there, including mine, with severe security vulnerabilities.

I don't want to setup a vLAN for 1 camera, so how can I restrict this camera in Untangle to only allow it to communicate with My NAS where my NVR is setup? I do not want this camera to be able to access the internet. And if possible I'd like to block anything that isn't specifically required to function by my NVR.
    Does your firewall have multiple ports ?
    Whats wrong with a single vlan ? its a 20 second thing to setup
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Simplest way. Set the DHCP as static in Config -> Network -> DHCP Server -> Current DHCP Leases.

Then block the IP by creating a Filter rule in Config -> Network -> Filter Rules.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

So I setup a DHCP reservation, then created 2 Filter rules;

1st Rule If MAC is "Camera_MAC_Address" & destination interface is Any WAN then BLOCK.

2nd Rule is If MAC is "Camera_MAC_Address" & Destination port Is NOT "RTSP port" & Destination IP Is NOT "NAS IP" then BLOCK.

Use IP instead of MAC address in the filter rule. DHCP reservation is handling the MAC to IP mapping.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com