This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.3.0 md5sum

Does anyone have the md5sum for the 5.3.0? It would be nice if it was put on the webpage somewhere..... like where you download it.

I did a search on the forums using google and I saw where people have asked for old version md5sums. I wonder why no one has put it on the download page yet?

Most coasters are from bad burners not bad downloads.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Well I was downloading from a buggy router that likes to drop all of the time and cause large downloads to have checksum errors. I have never made a coaster because it was the Drives fault. It has always been either my error or a bad iso.

Comment

Can anyone give me their md5sum of the iso?

Comment

I just asked one of the coders and he thought it was on the download page. It is on Sourceforge (the actual download site), but their new layout almost requires beer to figure it out. Here's where to go to get it:
          • Point your browser at: http://www.sourceforge.net
          • Search for Untangle
          • From the Project Search page, click on Untangle
          • Click on the Download menu bar, then Browse All Packages
          • In the one entry table for Untangle, click on the untangle package. All versions from 5.0 to the present are there.
          • For the current version (5.3), click on the little notepad icon
          • The MD5 for the untangle_530.iso file is: 88dd6c1b412526c0a3c261f3a84c84eb

If you don't want to have a beer while you're exploring the new intricacies of Sourceforge, the link is: http://sourceforge.net/project/shown...roup_id=199494.

After that, I need one.

Comment

88dd6c1b412526c0a3c261f3a84c84eb *untangle_530.iso

Generated off my working ISO... just for confirmation.
            Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP, Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
            NexgenAppliances.com
            Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

I like my answer better.

Comment

Thanks guys, that is the same as I have. Nice quick response too.

Comment

Originally posted by mdh View Post
                  I just asked one of the coders and he thought it was on the download page. It is on Sourceforge (the actual download site), but their new layout almost requires beer to figure it out. Here's where to go to get it:
                  [snip]
                  If you don't want to have a beer while you're exploring the new intricacies of Sourceforge, the link is: [ URL removed cause I'm a n00b. Thanks rules ]

After that, I need one.
                  Sourceforge changed the layout again. Instead of downloads, choose files. Also, the Untangled coders aren't consistent. On old releases, like 5.x, you click the notpad icon next to the *.iso file (the *.tar.gz notepad gives release notes, and something else for the other file). On newer releases, like 7.x, they have a separate text file with MD5 sums uploaded as a file.

I can't find an MD5 sum for the 7.10 release at all.

Comment

You're right. It must be a secret. You would probably get better response if you started your own thread instead of used one for a extremely obsolete release though.

Comment

Working...
                    X