Default Unknown IP's coming up in hosts

Good day,

Can you please assist. Why will these host appear under the host tab. These IPís are not pingable and are not IPís assigned to any of my devices. In the devices tab I do not see these, but do see the first 3. I ran the command to clear all device and host and still comes up after a while.

Second screenshot shows range which need to be used and itís a range between 100 and 200.

IMage1.png
    IMage2.png

Hi, and welcome to the Untangle forums.

I can't explain what you're seeing, but you aren't the first to see something like this.

https://forums.untangle.com/networki...rface-0-a.html

In that case it was a single ghost device that could be identified as having been on the network in the past. I take it that you have never had devices with these IPs on your network? Not even statically assigned IPs?

Beijing Xiaomi is a common identification for various devices, I have two here at home, one is my Grandstream VoIP gateway, the other is my old Amazon FireTV. Given the hostnames involved I assume the first two are the same device.

Google reveals MiBOX as an android TV device, do you have any streaming devices on your TVs?

Quanta makes laptops... buckets and buckets of laptops.

Check your DHCP leases to see if they are active. Just because you can't ping it, doesn't mean it's not there!

It shows as active, so they are on your network, whatever they are.

They might all be wifi devices, when's the last time you changed your wifi password? One of your neighbors might have it.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-14-2020 at 08:22 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I think the OP is referring to the IPs not showing up as devices and that are out of range.

Untangle Ninja

Is a neighbour poaching your wifi? See if the address;s are assigned by dhcp. If they are assign a bad address and see if something breaks.

But they aren't out of range, DHCP is set for 192.168.1.100-200

The devices are showing as active with .102, .134, .and .138. Those are in range, likely handed out by Untangle. And they are ACTIVE which means they're ONLINE on the network, because Untangle has routed traffic for them.

Which means these are devices the owner owns, but doesn't recognize... or they've been connected to his network without his permission or knowledge... such as a neighbor stealing his wifi.

Hosts tab is stuff on your network right now... it's the devices tab that holds all the old ghosts.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-14-2020 at 08:50 AM.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    But they aren't out of range, DHCP is set for 192.168.1.100-200.
    Because the OP points to the DHCP rage, I think the question is about the inactive, out-of-range entries (.10, .14, .54, .62, .63, .90) with no MAC addresses, though the last ones are in range. Why do they appear in a fresh hosts list? That's what I take to be the question.

Untangle Ninja

Not that it matters but I think you may have posted on the wrong forum. You posted this in sd-wan and I think it is ngfw. If not others may not have noticed because you can't tell unless you look at.
    forum sd-wan.png

Ha I didn't even bother to look at the lines that weren't highlighted. All those MAC addresses of 0s are certainly a bug of some sort.
    NexgenAppliances.com