Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master Untangler

Are you running Server 2008? or 2008R2 or hyper-v server or Hyper-v server R2?
    Are you trying to admin the box from the server or from another box if another box what OS is that one running, you need the RSAT pack from microsoft to get mouse access from a separate admin box

Master Untangler

I am surprised no one has made a VHD to share, similar to vmware images...

I believe the answer to that is simple.

1. Hyper-V's market penetration is terrible.
    2. Xen and vSphere have free time unlimited trials.
    3. Maintaining a release takes time.

It's a miracle that we have Webfool around to hand out ova files.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

me too i am not so familiar with compiling and building install packages.. But i will try my best to know about that

I understand none of this is "supported", but does anybody know how to initially get the terminal icon clicked in a pure hyper-v situation that obviously has no working mouse out of the box. Untangle works great for us, and we can setup the rules and everything, but it would nice to have the integration with hyper-v host and ssh access and for that, the root password needs to be set by clicking the terminal icon on the button bar.

I've tried TAB, CTRL+TAB, SHIFT+TAB, CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE (followed by CTRL-C), I can't get it to drop me to a command prompt or allow me to set the root password.

Any workarounds for getting to the terminal or selecting it on the button bar without a mouse?

I didn't need to install the integration services, for some strange reason, when I installed the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 7 SP1 computer, it gave me mouse access without the integration components when it wouldn't work directly on Server 2008 R2.

Master Untangler

I've never seen it refuse mouse on console of Server 2008 R2, but it won't let you capture if you're remote desktop connected into the 2008 box.

Yeah, thanks josh ... your earlier post pointed me to the RSAT tools which did the trick as I was in a RDP session to my 2008 R2 server which is headless.

So my next question is: what extra downloads are needed from debian sources in order to compile Microsoft's integration components or is that not possible without kernel headers?

Kernel Headers are a critical component of any compilation of kernel modules. Fortunately, that isn't the issue as it's trivial to get those installed. There's even a wiki article on it.

The problem is the Hyper-V code only compiles on specific kernels, and we aren't using one in the OK list.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

how do you get HYper-V to see the two network cards in the setup of Hyper-V?

without that there is no sepration between traffic on the inside and outside. Or are you using onecard with VLANS?

I would like ot test Hyper-V.

Every KwH saved is a BIG saving overall. My DL360 G5 takes around 250W per hour at nearly 20p an hour thats 5p an hour. 1.20 a day or more than 40 UKP or 60 Bucks a month for one machine.

Hypervising is gettting to become important.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-06-2011, 08:21 AM