Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Master Untangler

Somewhere i've posted the bits in the past.... You can have up to 4 legacy adapters defined, then in hyper-v manager you need a virtual network defined for each one, note that you can have a virtual network that doesn't relate to a physical adapter, and you can rebind which adapter is attached to which virtual network with the machine up (but this does have effects on connectivity), the virtual network without a physical component is handy if say you want untangle in bridge mode in front of a server and not a whole network (spam/virus filter).... etc. Have one instance where it is deployed that way due not having much luck with Citrix connections through the untangle box.

Untangler

Default additional network cards

I can see how to add legacy network ports.

I added a dual Intel card specifically for Untangle to run in Hyper-V.
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to assign a port specifically ONLY to Untangle for the inside and outside of Untangle.

I have kept the original ports on the PC for other hyper-V machines. So do not want to mix the Untangle traffic inside and outside on a different card.
    Last edited by norskman; 07-16-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling errors!

Master Untangler

Norksman: Hyper-V 2008/Server 2008 or Hyper-V 2008 R2/Server 2008 R2?
    Either way you create an additional virtual network for each card but then (in R2) uncheck the box allowing the host to use the virtual network also (if not r2 but in windows server you can disable or remove i'm forgetting now which the virtual adapter that is created on the host or just unbind tcpip from it, on hyper-v 2008 would be a little messier but i can't think of a reason to be running hyper-v 2008 v/s r2, then assign each of untangle legacy nics to the appropriate virtual "network" (which is of course a virtual switch that is attached to a physical nic port in this case)

Untangler

Default Server 2008 R2 latest

I am using the latest version and am going to give this a try.

Luckily one of the other things people have forgotten here, is in a virtualised environment don;t like it, delete it!

So for testing its the best. No extra hardware - means a new version is released, fine hypervise it - test it and then production.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-06-2011, 08:21 AM