Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    No, I meant delete /dev/sda2 and /dev/sda5, and expand /dev/sda1.

Which appears to be what you've done.

Of course no swap means you'd better have enough RAM!
    Yeah, sorry that's what I meant. Not sure how I typed that wrong but got it right on the program. I just tried it on my test VM and it seemed to work just fine. I'll grab an Untangle backup of my production, a snapshot of it and then give it a try. I'll report back with my findings.

Any reason the OVA wouldn't be able to take future updates from Untangle? I know you guys were talking about the order being particularly important for future Untangle upgrades.

Thanks a lot for your help. It's much appreciated.

Not that I can see, my only worry is historically Linux without swap doesn't always end well. But if Untangle is packing that thing up with swap disabled stock, it must be good. I'd trust Untangle's judgment on that better than my own.

Where people get into trouble on upgrade, is changing the partition structure such that /dev/sda1 isn't where root is, or using more partitions than just / and running out of space somewhere, or putting custom software on the box that breaks the repos.
    soccerextreme likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I finally got around to it and I didn't encounter any problems - I was able to double my HDD space! :-) Thanks for your help @sky-knight.

The partitions didn't end up looking like the 12.1 OVA on the outset, I suspect because my OVA was originally 12.0 which later auto-updated to 12.1. There was only the primary partition and the, properly labeled, swap. I moved the swap to the right of the unallocated space and then expanding the primary partition. I had less than 2 minutes of down time.

untangle.PNG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123