Default determine reports sql schema changes between versions?

What is the easiest way to track sql schema changes between versions?

I see that modules seem to be responsible for their own schemas in python2.7/reports/. I could track this in the git tree, or are these auto-generated from something else?

Part deux: Is this a good indicator of whether or not is is somewhat safe to swap between developmental built binaries and production ones? (safe being a very relative word here) As in, if I stop the vm, run a developmental vm, play, switch back to original vm: If the postgresql schema is unchanged is that behavior somewhat low risk to blow the machine up? (again fully understanding this is *very* non production. Low risk to blow up means can I otherwise kind of expect to be able to do this if playing around...)

Additionally, does /usr/share/untangle/settings encompass the entirety of user input settings/state?

Quote Originally Posted by drewstreib View Post
    Additionally, does /usr/share/untangle/settings encompass the entirety of user input settings/state?
    Yes.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by drewstreib View Post
    Part deux: Is this a good indicator of whether or not is is somewhat safe to swap between developmental built binaries and production ones? (safe being a very relative word here) As in, if I stop the vm, run a developmental vm, play, switch back to original vm: If the postgresql schema is unchanged is that behavior somewhat low risk to blow the machine up? (again fully understanding this is *very* non production. Low risk to blow up means can I otherwise kind of expect to be able to do this if playing around...)
    Most schema changes are minor and backwards and forwards compatible.
    For example, we added a new field in 13.2 for saving the http file composition header in http_events.
    If running with 13.1 on this schema it will still work, it will just be blank.

Most system settings are stored in settings/ then "synced" to the filesystem (appropriate linux config files).
    There is some stuff in "conf/" that is not deleted on backup/restore, but is similar to settings.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

@jcoffin @dmorris Thanks much.

It looks like the running system doesn't necessarily reload the settings files on new configuration pageviews. I assume if I want to poke something I have to stop uvm, poke, start uvm?

Edit: sorry, for clarity, poke == throw caution to the wind, continue to leave the warranty on fire, and manually edit the json config

Edit 2: ok, I'm pretty sure the answer to this is yes. I guess the question is if there's a safe way to do a "reload new config" on a running system.
    Last edited by drewstreib; 01-12-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Yeah, restart the UVM to re-read the setting files. /etc/init.d/untangle-vm restart
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.