Question Changing Network Interface Names?

I posted this in the networking forum but was told to post here.

What I want to achieve:

I have two network cards in my untangle build, one is a PCI-E Dell N20KJ card with two SFP+ interfaces and one onboard card with a regular rj45 interface. The onboard interface gets labeled eth0 and the SFP+ interfaces gets labeled eth1 and eth2.

I need to change the interface names like so:

eth1 to eth0
    eth2 to eth1
    eth0 to eth2

Do I go through udev? Do I need to disable consistent interface device naming in grub? Not sure how to go about this.

Context/Background info:

I'm replacing my ISP's ONT and following a guide and scripts from dslforums. My ISP provides both TV and Internet through their ONT (internet on VLAN 35 and TV on VLAN 36).

To get the TV working, I need to use IGMPProxy and custom scripts (from the guide) that won't work unless I change the network interface names to match . I didn't write the scripts and I tried changing the scripts but that broke my system for some reason.

The SFP+ module coming from the ISP into my house gets plugged into what is currently eth1. eth2 goes to a mikrotik switch also using SFP+ modules.

eth0 (the onboard interface) is a regular rj45 connection that I'd like to utilize it exclusively for my TV (forward VLAN 36 to onboard interface). My mikrotik switch doesn't handle igmpproxy very well which is why I want to connect the TV directly to my untangle box.

I posted your answer in the other thread, please go read the link and understand it.

Beyond that, I'm afraid you're on your own.
    Syraza likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I posted your answer in the other thread, please go read the link and understand it.

Beyond that, I'm afraid you're on your own.
    Ah, my mistake on that! Thanks!