Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mDNS (external)

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    As far as I can tell there is no marketing effort to home users. Without marketing it will never grow. Word of mouth is all I have ever seen for untangle, home or otherwise. Well other than their junk mail. lol
    I can't comment on that much because exactly none of the marketing I've ever attempted has ever worked.

But I do chuckle at people complaining about the Home subscription prices when Netgear is making a killing selling Orbi.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

LoL

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    But I do chuckle at people complaining about the Home subscription prices when Netgear is making a killing selling Orbi.
    A subscription for "a router" is a new concept for many people.

But everyone I showed what I do with untangle in my home did see the benefit they get from the apps included in the Home plans and never complained (to me) about the costs again afterwards.

I got a good amount of people to use Untangle for their home and they are all very happy with it.

Personally I just miss 2 things. CAKE for QoS/SQM and I want to do something about those IoT devices - a "solution" that is feasible for a home environment.
    Last edited by cholzer; 04-28-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123