• Doesn't work. Uninstalled it.

0 0%
  • Waiting to see what others say.

3 14.29%
  • No opinion.

2 9.52%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by li_leejohn View Post
    what happen if i use the script?what about the updating of this script? do i need to configure cron to update its sigs?can i see that update in front end of untangle?
    Danp is correct. There is a cron that autoupdates the signatures. -- Nope, no way to see what has been updated via the GUI. Perhaps I will add a status web page in a future version?

The final J&J script will include a cron that will auto-update any scripts you install from me or Juank. This way, you only need to run the scripts once for install and once for uninstall. Updates/corrections to our stuff will automatically be downloaded for you.

I do want everyone to be aware, that even though Juank and myself have every confidence in our work (which some does get added to UT as licenses and such allow), it does VOID any support from Untangle. They will still probably help you, but don't get aggrevated with them if they can't fix it for you quickly.

Also, I am very slow to produce these scripts because I don't have a lot of free time on my hands. I work a full time IT job (50+ hrs/wk), volunteer for veterans causes (officer in a veteran club), just moved to GA from TN (I hate moving), and all the time try to show some semblance of a home life for the wife, kid, and mother-in-law.

Oh, and while I have you reading this far... Please folks... Install Untangle from SCRATCH (ISO) and on a really hefty machine. A 2.5GHz dual-core w/ 4GB RAM is easily had for well under $500 at any local box store. Well under $400 if you shop online. -- Just because Untangle 4.x or 5.x or 6.0 worked on your trusty P3-1GHz w/ 512MB just fine, doesn't mean that 6.1 or newer will... ESPECIALLY when you start adding the scripts from Juank and myself. These require even more resources.

Okay... off my soap-box. -- -just having a bad day at work... thanks for allowing me to vent.
    Last edited by JEllingson; 05-11-2009 at 11:04 AM.

Master Untangler

Is this down? I tried to install it on a 4th machine and it times out trying to go to www.usmv.org.

Untangle Ninja

I ran the script and it sat for quite some time then went back to the prompt. Was it supposed to do anything or give me any results of the install?

How do I know it did anything?

Lannie

NOTE: installed and working now!
    Last edited by lschafroth; 06-03-2009 at 08:52 PM.

Master Untangler

It's suppose to download and install all the files. It usually takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute for it to finish and it will show what it is doing on the screen. But I think they are down, right?

Sorry about that. I had the server down this morning to replace the RAM. It is up and running again.

I tired to run this script on 6.2 and after running

JJS="installsane.sh" && curl -s -O https://www.usmv.org/$JJS && chmod 755 $JJS && ./$JJS && rm $JJS
    I did echo $? and the exit status was 6 !!

The script will not run on 6.2 until I have had a chance to confirm its reliability. If you have 6.2 and run the script, it should do nothing.... (neither install, nor uninstall)

My box hasn't received the 6.2 upgrade yet... when it does, I'll upgrade the script.

Our box received 6.2 over the weekend. When your script is ready for 6.2, I'd like to give it a go. Your past scripts have worked great for us.
    Gary
    Network and Systems Administrator

Master Untangler

Will this have to be re-installed when the box gets auto upgraded to 6.2+? Or would this still work the way it has been when it was installed on a 6.1?

Untanglit

Any news on a updated script for UT 6.2, i have being using this script on 6.1 with GREAT results.

Great work JEllingson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast