Default Draft UTM build + questions

Hey guys, I've been tasked with building a UTM to replace an old consumer wireless router for my father's SOHO environment. Evidently the SPI firewall on it is slowing down the connection very noticeably, and even though his company upgraded his home connection to compensate for CITRIX it isn't enough. I am not able to be there physically so I'll have to take his word for it. Maybe you guys can critique my build?

Intel E5300 Dual-Core (2.6ghz)
    BIOSTAR G31E-M7 LGA 775 Motherboard G31 chipset
    2 x 1GB DDR2-800 A-DATA RAM
    PC P&C 370w PSU
    Western Digital 80GB WD800JD (+1 later on for RAID 1 ?)
    Intel PWLA8391GTL 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI PRO/1000 GT Low Profile NIC x 2
    Rosewill USB 2.0 Wireless dongle with 2dbi Antenna

I need to be able to configure this UTM as a WAP as well, I have a wireless desktop and a wireless laptop that require it. Is this even possible?

Welcome,

UT doesn't support operation as a wireless access point. There are some old threads for old versions that don't work anymore to add this functionality. Also, not all wireless adapters are capable of even operating in this mode.

I suggest you get either a basic wireless router and kill DHCP on it to be used as an AP, or get a basic wireless AP. You'll be much happier with the results.

Software RAID won't work so forget about that mirror. The G31 chipset is ok.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com