Question On board video - Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 stop functioning on boot up

Using the on board Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 video card will not allow me to boot up any version of 7.x. Installed PCIe card and disabled on board video and now I am able to boot up. Anyone else experiencing this problems? The motherboard is a Intel® Desktop Board DG41TY.

IIRC, that was one of our issues on our Dell T410. We could only get a graphical interface on the video workaround.

Master Untangler

Weird. I just did an install today on a Zotac MB that had a G41 Express chipset which uses the X4500 for graphics.

Connected to the DVI connector, v7.2 worked perfectly out of the box. I did the graphical install from CD-ROM. No issues.

Jason

It's a combination of both the video card and the monitor attached. Sometimes the KVM.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

I did an installation on bare hardware with Intel integrated graphics. The X window subsystem put up what looked like a screen saver that said something like "input device not supported" and would not let me do anything. What utter nonsense. If I remember correctly I tried hitting CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or something to toggle resolutions and then it worked okay. What it actually didn't like was the 1680x1050 screen resolution of the monitor that I had attached at the time. Hitting tab and adding resolution="1024x768" to the Kernel parameters got me past that.

Master Untangler

I spoke too soon on mine. It works great - until I plug a NIC into the x16 pcie slot, then the DVI quits working right. VGA continues to work.

Looked in my manual, and it confirms that as soon as you plug ANYTHING into a PCIe x16 slot the video may not work. This is likely motherboard dependant; this is a Zotac G41-ITX.

Jason

Does the onboard graphics work at all?

If the screen is black, then try pressing CTRL ALT - a few times. This manually cycles the available screen resolutions.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!