Default Untangel on Plug PC

I was wondering if anyone has tried running untangle on one of thsi plug computers

We have about 90 remote offices most with 4-5 computers with light usage. So it would be interesting if we could get untangle to run of this small cheap low power computers.

All of these devices I've seen before are based on the ARM architecture, which Debian doesn't support.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

That and they are not selling them anymore.

GuruPlug-ServerPLUS is not available for on line purchase anymore as our inventory is 0-out.
    www.nexgenappliances.com
    Toll Free: 866-794-8879
    UNTANGLE STAR PARTNER
    Follow us at spiceworks!

I know that one is sold out, but there are other out there, i am still looking for an atom based one.

You won't find one, there are limits to how small even Atom can be.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangle Ninja

if you're not going to run too much on it, you could try to make a tiny untangle out of a via ARTiGO A1000/A1100 platform. it only has one ethernet port, so the second would have to be USB. However, they're really not all that cheap. They do have a dual-ethernet 'server' model, but then it's not nearly so small (though I think it looks bigger in the pictures than it is).

as to the processor speed, yes those VIA processors are pretty slow. however I have a VIA 1.5ghz-C7 box in my small office running as a router and blocking spam, and it's actually working quite well.

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/em...tigo/index.jsp

Untangle has been getting more and more efficient as a base platform over time. I think in the future the use of the C7 may be realistic. Just not right now.

Honestly, it will be awhile before I'm comfortable with anything less than a dual core. I ran my first Untangle on a PIII 900 with 512mb of ram. I know what it's like dealing with a box that weak... I don't want to go through that again.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Untangle Ninja

don't get me wrong, I'm not recommending a C7 for anything, just saying the one I've got is actually working quite well, especially if I stay off the physical console (I'm running it headless now). it's able to route packets fast enough that my VOIP lines sound great, and I'm getting near-zero spam. I do use several RBLs on the mail server, so the box only has to score what the mail server itself doesn't reject outright.

the new Via Nano processors are a good bit more powerful than the old C7, so I think that ARTiGO platform could be a viable option for a small remote location of the sort the OP was wanting to use a plug computer for. especially if they come out with a version with dual ethernets in that tiny form-factor.