Default Recommendation for a 1u colocated server

Hi, can anyone recommend a good Untangle appliance for my 1u colocated server that is running an email server with 50 users and a webserver that serves basic webpages & images to about 30,000-50,000 visitors a month?

I'm in Toronto Canada, so local suggestions would be great too.

Thanks

Master Untangler

Dell R210 would be the business I think. Possibly overkill for 50 users but reliable and powerful and also 1RU.

Any of the Dell R series stuff is good as Keith mentioned. I don't know what your budget is but you can sometimes pick up some good deals over here if you don't want to pay full price for something brand new. However take that recommendation with a grain of salt, refurb stuff can be hit and miss. If you really want something that's tested and reliable though go through a partner, many of them post over here: http://forums.untangle.com/commercial-zone/
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    Gah that's the link I was looking for... *facepalm*
    Dan

You may one day find something interesting here. Today is not that day. Tomorrow isn't looking too good either.

Thanks, I checked out untangleappliances.com, they have the NG-25 for $599, it sounds great but it's a bit pricey for us.

One thing I forgot mention was that I didn't want to take up another U of rack space - unless I absolutely must. My colo said they will let me put a small box on the side.

Currently I have a D-Link DIR655 router doing the job. It crashes every 2-3 weeks, but otherwise has been holding up ok. I want to be able to start using the 6 public ip's that my colo has allocated for me, but the D-Link, doesn't support that. That is the main motivation behind this...

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mitzkoff View Post
    Thanks, I checked out untangleappliances.com, they have the NG-25 for $599, it sounds great but it's a bit pricey for us.

One thing I forgot mention was that I didn't want to take up another U of rack space - unless I absolutely must. My colo said they will let me put a small box on the side.
    Based on your description it looks like maybe the NG-25 would be a bit underpowered. You mentioned e-mail and I assume that spam processing would be required for 50 users. Do you want to buy or build your appliance?

How many interfaces do you need to use some of the 6 IP addresses you have?

Does "small box on the side" mean something standing outside of the rack or on a rack shelf inside?

Another possible option is a putting Untangle in a short depth case - if you already have a short depth server. You can mount one on the front rails and one on the back rails and have two servers in 1U. Just a thought.....
    Last edited by itcinc; 12-15-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelllling corrrecttions....