Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hardware compatibility problems

I'm trying to install Untangle on a Dell optiplex 390 with an intel i5 processor and a 500 GB SATA HD. We have a LGA 1155 socket with a intel H61 express chipset. I've tried loading from the interal DVD drive, an external CD drive and a USB drive all using 32 bit and 64 bit ISO's. When I try to load from CD I get "no common CD-ROM was detected." When I try to load from a USB drive, it says "failed to creat a partition." After speaking with Untangle's tech support we've determined that it's probably an incompatible hardware issue. Can anyone advise on a good motherboard that would work so I don't continue to waste money? I would really appreciate any help as we are desperate to get this going.

honestly? anything over a year or so should work fine... Frankly if you want to avoid wasting money head over to untangleappliances.com and just get one of rob's superior appliances. They just work.

I dont know the dell optiplex 390 in detail, but try to set in bios the SATA in legacy o ide mode, not ahic or raid or sas.
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

The second and third generation iSeries platforms have issues, and they aren't "easy" to sort out in all cases. Some have controller issues, most have graphics issues.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

i want a confirmation from your side guys (untangle) regarding the Dell PowerEdge 210, it is compatible or no issue on installation of untangle latest version?

well untangle only supports compatibility with its appliances.. otherwise it's at your own risk...hence why i recommend untangleappliances.com because their appliances most assuredly work..third party and pricing is highly competitive against the UT series.

Noted, but we are here part in asia which they cannot ship the untangle appliance for some reason.

Untangle supports shipments to the US, and EU.

Others have other options. I'm not sure I should talk about it here... Forum rules for this sort of thing.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 11-23-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

I have used several Dell PowerEdge servers, not limited to but including the T440, T1430 and R200 without any issues with Untangle. Would have to check the differences between the R200 and R210 to make sure ...

If they are based on the second or third generation iSeries CPUs things tend to go wrong. I'll be glad when we finally get a new kernel, we're in desperate need of an HCL refresh. Stock SATA controllers are getting annoying to make them work.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast