Master Untangler

Default Untangle 10, Intel quad port not working

Problem: Untangle 10.0 (not beta)---- Intel I340 quad port adapter, Only 1st port will light up when attempting to connect to LAN/WAN.

--The 4 NIC ports are recognized in Untangle, however only the 1st port will "connect green" when attempting to plug in LAN/WAN connections.
    --Also, if I have LAN/WAN connections plugged into the ports during a computer reboot, they will light up until Untangle begins to load, at which point only the 1st port stays lit up.

--I have tried it in multiple pci-e slots
    --upgraded to latest Asus BIOS
    --All 4 Intel NIC ports are recognized in Untangle config.
    --no warnings or errors during installation
    --reinstalled Untangle 10 multiple times
    --The strange thing is, I was trying the Untangle 10 beta 4 earlier with the exact same computer and configuration, and the adapter worked fine then.
    --any other single NIC branded adapter (DLink, Intel Pro, etc) I throw in works just fine

Sadly, looks like I will have to sell a new quad port and going back to Intel Pro single NIC cards.

Is the interface in config type addressed or disabled?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Is the interface in config type addressed or disabled?
    They are both addressed (external and internal for 2 of the Intel NIC ports).
    The other cards are disabled config right now, although will still "connect green" if trying to connect a cable.
    The Intel ports just don't want to respond to inputs.

Master Untangler

Update: I reinstalled yet again with only the Quad port adapter, and plugged in the connections before installing.... now I have 2 of the ports working. So perhaps it is something that triggers if the ports are actively connected during install. Will have to keep testing out I suppose before giving up on the quad.

Disabled ports won't light on that card, configured ports will. The IGB driver is used for that card, and it's only a month old. I have not seen this behavior with any of the quad port NICs I've tested, most of which are i350 based NICs.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com