Master Untangler

Default Cheap Untangle Option Rackmount

HP DL160 1U servers. We got ours for $300 with 80gb hdd, dual amd single core 1.6ghz, 4gb ECC ram new. Fully untangle compatible with two gb nic cards. Works great in our rack here at the fort.

Default Where?

Rick -

Where did you buy this unit for that price?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick@BBM View Post
    HP DL160 1U servers. We got ours for $300 with 80gb hdd, dual amd single core 1.6ghz, 4gb ECC ram new. Fully untangle compatible with two gb nic cards. Works great in our rack here at the fort.
    Thanks for this Rick, currently have Untangle running on a ageing desktop box sat on the server room floor. I'm going to move it to a proper rackmount soon on server spec hardware and my other servers are HP so it;s nice to know it works.

How many users and what sort of throughput are you getting?

Cheers

Sean

Master Untangler

Smartguy's computers in FL. They have a whole mess of them.

Only around 10 users. As far as throughput? You need to be more specific on what type. Internet, internal? I never tested offically, but "seat of the pants", it's alot faster then our retired sonicwall.

We have a 20 user company running off a jetway 1.5ghz ITX, and they love it and wouldn't give it back to us if WE paid them monthly lol. I'd only imagine a dual 1.6 HP with 4x the ram is ALOT faster.

Yeah, it depends of what kind of traffic you are messing with. Our best experience is with SuperMicro superBarebones.
    --------------------------------
    Juan Machado
    --------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by juank View Post
    Yeah, it depends of what kind of traffic you are messing with. Our best experience is with SuperMicro superBarebones.
    I'm running a SuperMicro SC512L case with a P4SCi board, P4HT 3.0GHz CPU and 2GB RAM. It does very well too. Plus I really enjoy having such a light server (only 14" deep and 1U tall).

Sorry which modules are you running as well? Also are you running SATA RAID on that?
    Last edited by GhostyDog; 06-09-2008 at 08:56 AM.