Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Untangler

You should explain a bit more, what you mean with quote: but still facing some issues

Quote Originally Posted by sandisxxx View Post
    So here is the procedure, how to revert to stock.
    Prerequisites:
    putty (http://www.putty.org/)
    winscp (https://winscp.net/eng/download.php)
    original firmware (http://www.linksys.com/us/support-ar...icleNum=165487)

Procedure
    1. download all prerequisites and install putty and winscp
    2. use WinSCP to connect to the Linksys and copy the firmware to /tmp and rename to foobar.trx (login: root, pwd: your admin password)
    3. use putty to ssh to the Linksys (login: root, pwd: your admin password)
    4. cd /tmp
    5. rm /dev/mtdblock2
    6. dd if=foobar.trx of=/dev/mtdblock4 bs=1M
    7. dd if=foobar.trx of=/dev/mtdblock6 bs=1M
    8. remove the USB drive from Linksys
    9. power off, wait a minute and power on
    10. let the router do it's thing, it will reboot a couple of times
    You should be back to stock.

Thanks and kudos go to dmorris and Gouldin

HI CAN YOU Explain to me how I get to a position where any of this is valid? I have current untangle install or flashed or operating on my Linksys wrt 1900acs and I would like it to return to the original factory setting of the Linksys router. In particular lets start with (2) winscp to connect to Linksys. I am confused by this discription. Are you talking about the Linksys 192.168.1.1 or the Linksys (untangle) 192.168.11.1? Besides the password and user name how does this program know where to apply the user/pass. please explain how one connects to preform these tasks.

thank you very much
    conner17

Use putty to ssh to the current internal Untangle IP. SSH will request the login and password of the Untangle.
    sandisxxx likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by CONNER17 View Post
    HI CAN YOU Explain to me how I get to a position where any of this is valid? I have current untangle install or flashed or operating on my Linksys wrt 1900acs and I would like it to return to the original factory setting of the Linksys router. In particular lets start with (2) winscp to connect to Linksys. I am confused by this discription. Are you talking about the Linksys 192.168.1.1 or the Linksys (untangle) 192.168.11.1? Besides the password and user name how does this program know where to apply the user/pass. please explain how one connects to preform these tasks.

thank you very much
    conner17
    2) you have to connect with any software, that can copy files to the Router via SSH, I am used to use winSCP. You have to enter the current IP address of the Router, which can be any, it depends what you set. and as jcoffin says, use the Untangle password that you have set and username root.

Why are you guys reverting these units to Linksys firmware? Is there an compatibility issue w/ Untangle? I'm getting ready to buy one of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...PQUG6TED&psc=1

and install it at a customer's house. But I want to make sure there aren't any compatibility issues or stability issues.

Can anyone here explain why these people are reverting to Linksys factory firmware?

Thanks.

I still run this at home and love it. Performance wise its amazing, as long as you don't need long term reports.

Just don't use a crappy USB stick.

They get corrupted.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangler

I’ve been running Untangle at home on my Linksys for a few months now.
    I have nothing but good things to say about it. I’d never go back to any other firmware release

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    I still run this at home and love it. Performance wise its amazing, as long as you don't need long term reports.

Just don't use a crappy USB stick.

They get corrupted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1985 View Post
    I’ve been running Untangle at home on my Linksys for a few months now.
    I have nothing but good things to say about it. I’d never go back to any other firmware release
    Cool thanks. The customer already has WiFi (separate APs) that I don't need to mess with, so I'm tempted to use one of these instead of the Linksys:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...27R4YB41&psc=1

Neither one is officially supported by Untangle, right?

IMO if you aren't going to use the wifi the linksys doesn't make a lot of sense. The whole value is that its an all-in-one.

No idea about that box. It probably works, but when using your own hardware you have to do the testing.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    IMO if you aren't going to use the wifi the linksys doesn't make a lot of sense. The whole value is that its an all-in-one.

No idea about that box. It probably works, but when using your own hardware you have to do the testing.
    Iím tempted to stick with the Linksys just because there is a larger crowd of Untangle users using it (I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast