Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master Untangler

My experience.... We probably have 40 or so of these devices deployed. We monitor the units' resources using SNMP with PRTG. No issues, neither resource or hardware. At my home I have Uverse fiber and can get 850+Mbps without issue. We dont use wifi in the units, so I cant really comment on that.

Untangler

I have one that works well and am planning to deploy more.

Has anyone found a Wi-Fi module that works in these Qotoms and is compatible with Untangle?

Master Untangler

I liked the looks of this enough that I ordered one of the I5 versions (no wifi, as I don't need that).

Master Untangler

Got my QOTOM I5-5250U, 64GB SSD, 8GB RAM machine today - 5 days to get here from Hong Kong (including weekend).

No issues setting it up, everything was detected and install was a snap. Runs only slightly warm, but I have a fairly low CPU load (60-70 devices, 300/20 internet connection). Using all 4 NICs (3 internal VLANs, and WAN).

Pretty slick little box!!
    Last edited by JasonJoel; 08-15-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by agit8or View Post
    My experience.... We probably have 40 or so of these devices deployed. We monitor the units' resources using SNMP with PRTG. No issues, neither resource or hardware. At my home I have Uverse fiber and can get 850+Mbps without issue. We dont use wifi in the units, so I cant really comment on that.
    Do you monitor CPU temp on any of them? I was trying to find a way to monitor this, but don't know if the OID exists to pull that via SNMP?

Untanglit

Currently have Verizon FIOS Gigabit service. I notice a big difference in response time when I added 8gb ram and install a SSD in a Dell XE2 i7 desktop running Untangle v13. From the Verizon ONT box, I connect to the onboard gig nic in the Dell desktop, then from the Intel PCIe gig nic to a Perle media converter to the SFP port on the TP-link switch. The home network equipment: TP-Link TP1600-28PS switch, 3 TP-Link EAP330 APs, ASUSTOR AS7004T NAS, xPrintServer, laptops, desktops, cell Phones (iPhones, Androids), IP cameras and a network printer. No such thing as overkill for an Untangle box, if you have it use it. I would like for Untangle to support emulex adapters. Then I will use multiple mode fiber cables to connect the network equipment.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by masmith22 View Post
    Currently have Verizon FIOS Gigabit service. I notice a big difference in response time when I added 8gb ram and install a SSD in a Dell XE2 i7 desktop running Untangle v13. From the Verizon ONT box, I connect to the onboard gig nic in the Dell desktop, then from the Intel PCIe gig nic to a Perle media converter to the SFP port on the TP-link switch. The home network equipment: TP-Link TP1600-28PS switch, 3 TP-Link EAP330 APs, ASUSTOR AS7004T NAS, xPrintServer, laptops, desktops, cell Phones (iPhones, Androids), IP cameras and a network printer. No such thing as overkill for an Untangle box, if you have it use it. I would like for Untangle to support emulex adapters. Then I will use multiple mode fiber cables to connect the network equipment.
    What does this have to do with this Qotom thread?

Untanglit

Nothing, I went with a Dell XE2 with a SSD and a license for the price of a QOTOM I5-5250U.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by masmith22 View Post
    Nothing, I went with a Dell XE2 with a SSD and a license for the price of a QOTOM I5-5250U.
    Yup, and you got a box that is roughly 8 times the size as the QOTOM (which also has an SSD), only comes with one nic (yes, you can add more), has fans (which equals noise)...

So... Not sure what your point is.

Smaller in size and fanless always equals a little more money. I think the I5 QOTOM is a steal for the $347 I paid for it.
    Last edited by JasonJoel; Yesterday at 04:32 PM.

Master Untangler

The Qotom J1900 is enough for most installations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast