Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon

Default Amazon

Why don't you all sell on Amazon ?

Why? It's all available on our web store.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Oh, I don't know... because 99% of online shoppers purchase items at Amazon?

I agree though that it isn't a big deal. It limits exposure to the product, for those (many) people that go to Amazon 1st when they search for new products. But in the end, it isn't like there aren't options to purchase online.

Untanglit

This guy just keeps posting that I doesn't like Untangle and isn't using it. Why does he care if its not sold on amazon? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclark View Post
    This guy just keeps posting that I doesn't like Untangle and isn't using it. Why does he care if its not sold on amazon? Weird.
    He wants to be able to not buy untangle on Amazon.

All joking aside would be great to be on Amazon but we haven't figured out the subscription part of it yet...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

You cannot sell subscriptions on Amazon, we got the account, set it up to roll, and...

We were basically told to take it down or have the account disabled.

Because when you buy from Amazon, you get a product and the seller doesn't get your information. Amazon doesn't want people cutting them out you see.

Also, I do have hardware up there... And I accept their payment system...

And... I'm really thinking I should just yank it all for what it costs me.

Seriously, Amazon sucks. But yet, I'm addicted to it too.

Anyway, Dirk I think we might be able to work around Amazon's issues, but we'd need Untangle to go back to voucher codes. We have to have something to "deliver" that can be redeemed against an account at Untangle.com.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-02-2018 at 09:00 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Whoa! A higher consciousness manifestation...and the real answer to the original question acknowledging a glimpse of the drug which Amazon invokes and supremely exerts. Well done! #ShinningLightOnTheShadow

Wake up, Neo...
    The Smart Grid has you...
    Continue following the white rabbit. :'-)
    Last edited by f1assistance; 02-03-2018 at 05:37 AM.
    Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM
    And building #7 didn't kill itself!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    You cannot sell subscriptions on Amazon, we got the account, set it up to roll, and...

We were basically told to take it down or have the account disabled.

Because when you buy from Amazon, you get a product and the seller doesn't get your information. Amazon doesn't want people cutting them out you see.

Also, I do have hardware up there... And I accept their payment system...

And... I'm really thinking I should just yank it all for what it costs me.

Anyway, Dirk I think we might be able to work around Amazon's issues, but we'd need Untangle to go back to voucher codes. We have to have something to "deliver" that can be redeemed against an account at Untangle.com.

Like Zyxel has for resellers for USG Series subscriptions. ProAdantage Super Stores have the best pricing for Zyxel's and Zyxel subscriptions. Not Amazon. ProAdvantage now just emails you the codes, where 3 years ago they shipped you a card with 20 numbers and letters.

That's basically how Untangle works now. If you buy an Untangle sub from me, when I buy it from Untangle I then share it to your Untangle.com account. If you don't have one, I'll reach out and either have the customer make their own account, make it for them, or use a provided email address to another account, whatever the customer would prefer.

Amazon simply doesn't allow for ANY of that to happen.

It's also my job to be tier 1 support for my customers, how can I do that when all I can do is type into an Amazon message box? Amazon gets VERY upset when people pass around phone numbers or any other form of communication that isn't directly through Amazon.

Because again, they don't want to get cut out of the transaction, they are 100% middle man, which means they are 100% redundant. So they have to force the issue. They cannot add value in warehousing or logistics for digital assets.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-03-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

With the Untangle store, fast shipping, Amazon would only cut into the bottom line and would potentially burden Untangle with supports, box swaps and other garbage.

However, Amazon DOES have some of the best Fortinet pricing, including subscriptions, so apparently there are methods to do it. I think where the difference is, Fortinet gives you a License Number/Renewal Number, which goes into the device account and activates the license. So if you purchase a UTM Bundle License for Fortinet on Amazon you get a Fed-Ex envelope with NOTHING in it. Then in a week or so your license arrives as an attachment in email after providing the seller with your information, appliance serial number, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast