Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And I'm back.

Master Untangler

Default And I'm back.

After a brief fling with a fortigate device I'm back. This time I'm packing a Zotac C1327 which seems to be OK and certainly adequate for home. All I need now is to work out how to disable the wireless, and I'm done.

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/mini_pcs/ci327-nano

Btw, untangle devs, love your work.

Master Untangler

Running a ZOTAC ZBOX CI547 nano here. Just perfect though in hindsight overkill. Lower spec models would be sufficient.

Awesome, thanks for posting the outcome.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

And here it is...

IMG_2611.jpgIMG_2613.jpg
    theoak likes this.

Ugh, one of those nasty K400 keyboard/trackpad combos. I'm still stuck with about 20 of them in classrooms, and my instructors hate them because the up arrow intrudes where the shift key should be. The K400+ replacement model or MS All-In-One Media keyboard are much better. I'm slowly (3 or 4 per year) replacing the K400 with K400+.
    bluechris likes this.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Master Untangler

Its convenient because all you need do is plug in the dongle and away you go. I have one for the media PC, and another for general duties. I imagine as an actual keyboard/mouse substitute it might not make the grade.
    skearton likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    Ugh, one of those nasty K400 keyboard/trackpad combos. I'm still stuck with about 20 of them in classrooms, and my instructors hate them because the up arrow intrudes where the shift key should be. The K400+ replacement model or MS All-In-One Media keyboard are much better. I'm slowly (3 or 4 per year) replacing the K400 with K400+.
    Completely agree. The K400 layout is awful. I use a lot of K400+ and those are good, based on user feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_h View Post
    Its convenient because all you need do is plug in the dongle and away you go.
    No doubt. I love the concept. The general form factor is amazing for home theater and classroom applications. I use the MS model at home, and I'm transitioning to put the K400+ in every single classroom at work. That's more than 30 rooms. I'm preferring the K400+ over the MS option because K400+ uses AA batteries while MS uses AAA. My server server room even has that exact same model keyboard in the picture that I scavenged after replacing one in a classroom with the better K400+ model.

It's just the implementation of that specific K400 model really sucks. Fix the up arrow key and all is well again.
    Last edited by jcoehoorn; 10-05-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Master Untangler

Anything else that dooms this keyboard other than the up arrow key?? Should I replace it immediately.

I have concerns now...

No, just that bad arrow key layout. But that's bad enough to make it unusable for day-to-day work. For infrequent use, where you're mainly just typing in a password now and then, it's fine. Just don't buy another one like that; the K400+ is the same price now, and so much better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast