Untangler

Default Qotom - using legit intel NICs?

Hi

I have 4 different Qotom devices that I have ordered over the last few years. All 4 are running Untangle with no problems. Three have been in production and have been working fine. I just received the 4th one as a backup. They are all supposed to be using Intel I211 NICs and that that is what they report in the BIOS.

However, when I do a lookup of the MAC addresses on the net (macvendors.com) I see that none of the indicate that they are Intel cards. Two of the Qotoms appear to use NICs from "Iskra Transmission d.d." and the other 2 from "GIFA".

My undestanding is that these Qotom boxes are popular for Untangle installations so I was wondering if anyone else has more information on this?

MAC addresses have nothing to do with the vendor that made the NIC's chipset.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

The MAC address is from Iskra Transmission but the chipset is Intel. Most likely Iskra Transmission assembles the module and serialize the MAC address. Use lspic on the command line to see the chipset than depending on the MAC address lookup.

[root @ untangle] ~ # lspci
    01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation I211 Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
    04:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 3160 (rev 83)
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

That's something I didn't know. Thanks for the replies.