Default Untangle U150 and Gigabit?

I previously ran untangle on a corei3-4010u but once I upgraded my home internet to gigabit it just couldn't keep up (perhaps it was the bus speed?).

I'm considering an Untangle u150 that's available locally and wondering if that would support gigabit with all of the features enabled?

I have an appliance that's very similar to the u150 I've sold for years. It's the first platform that I can stick the gigabit sticker on without reservation. So yes!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I have an appliance that's very similar to the u150 I've sold for years. It's the first platform that I can stick the gigabit sticker on without reservation. So yes!
    Sorry for my ignorance but can you tell me which processor the u150 uses (ie. i5 for example) ??? I've already tried searching without success. I have a residential 1GB Internet connection and want to maintain as much bandwidth as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    -- Bill --

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but can you tell me which processor the u150 uses (ie. i5 for example) ??? I've already tried searching without success. I have a residential 1GB Internet connection and want to maintain as much bandwidth as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    -- Bill --
    I have no idea, but my equivalent used a Celeron for ages. You don't need nearly as much CPU as you think you do, not when you have an appliance with the customized mainboard designed for massive NIC throughput. You wind up pumping up the resources on other platforms to make up for their poor engineering, you just don't have that problem with the u150, nor any other real appliance.

That appliance can saturate all its NIC unless you run Spam Blocker, which you won't be because no one bothers with local mail servers anymore. Plug it in, turn on all the useful modules, and watch it work.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    u150:
    CPU Count: 2
    CPU Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3420 @ 3.20GHz
    Architecture: amd64
    Memory: 4.08 GB
    Disk: 971.93 GB
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Thanks to everyone for their prompt replies. My original plan was to get the z4 but after reading the tech specs it stated that NGFW throughput for this device was only rated at 500 Mbps after application control, IPS, web filtering, virus blocking and reports was activated. This would almost cut my delivered Internet bandwidth in half.

So it looks like the Protectli FW6C may be the hardware platform that I'm looking for. If the NGFW doesn't work out for me for any reason, I can reuse the FW6C for other purposes.