Default Looking for appliance suggestions

I've got a small office, only 15 people. Curious what kind of hardware people are using?

w00t

Our z4 and z4w are perfect for an office you describe... Unless of course everyone is torrenting movies, watching videos, streaming music, all at the same time...

https://www.untangle.com/untangle-ng...ll/appliances/
    CMcNaughton likes this.

Untangler

I am running on a protectli device and have not had any problems.
    junglechuck likes this.

FWIW, I offer my clients the use of one of their older dual core CPU PC's (collecting dust everywhere), to re-purpose it as a NGFW by installing additional NIC's and installing Untangle's OS. It's been a brilliant economical solution for my SMB clients which I'd recommend without hesitation.
    I also keep on hand several 'refurbished' dual core PC's (purchased from vendors (e.g., Dell, Gateway, and Lenovo, etc.) obtained for as low a price as $99 each) which I install NIC's and Untangle and have available for quick (business continuity) replacement if needed.
    Last edited by f1assistance; 06-03-2020 at 06:40 AM.
    sperman likes this.
    Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM
    And building #7 didn't kill itself!

Banned

There is a partner locator.
    https://www.untangle.com/partners/find-a-partner/
    But it doesn't work?

w00t

There is a partner locator.
    https://www.untangle.com/partners/find-a-partner/
    But it doesn't work?
    Sorry about that. Fixed.

Master Untangler

We use a Supermicro 5018D-FN8T at work now after I bought one for home use 18 months ago.

It's a beast and will easily handle your load with every feature of Untangle enabled.

It has been rock solid with everyone working from home using OpenVPN as well as our site-to-site tunnels for the other office.

I only have ever had issues running both user and site-to-site over L2TP but that's an Untangle issue in general.
    automationstation likes this.

Master Untangler

If you can find QOTOM device for $ 200-350 with 2-6 NICs go for it. Mine served me quite well during past 2 years with Untangle and still more than capable running 10+ clients doing all sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by soldier View Post
    If you can find QOTOM device for $ 200-350 with 2-6 NICs go for it. Mine served me quite well during past 2 years with Untangle and still more than capable running 10+ clients doing all sort of stuff.
    I've deployed about 15 of the Q190G4N ($200) and they've done well, even at some of my larger clients. The ones with legacy-BIOS support are getting harder to find though.

Untangler

I'm also a satisfied Qotom user with around 5 in production. Great value for money. Just don't expect any BIOS updates.

I am pretty sure that Untangle's own Z4 and Z4W appliances are in fact Qotom hardware.