Default Throughput Issues

Hi All, Using Untangle for last few years extremly happy.

I have untangle installed on the following:

CPU Count: 4
    CPU Type: AMD A4-6250J APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
    Architecture: amd64
    Memory: 4.07 GB
    Disk: 144.92 GB

when i first started using these speeds were perfect, iv got 350mb down 30mb up from my isp and i always consistently got it.

after a year of no problems i had one of my cable drop to 100mb internally, so obviously anything behind that link i was noticing download speeds drop, sicne it was only getting 100mb via that link. anyway finally getting around to it i replaced the particular link with cat6 outdoor cable. i now again have full 1gb links on my network.

so when i did a download speed test again i was assuing i would get the 350mb but no. still the same topping out at 70mb.

anyway after calling my isp all sorts of names, i gave a try to do a factory reset of untangle back to defaults.
    low and behold full speeds all round again

so now i know the speed issuie is now internal, and its something to do with the untangle config.
    re-applied my config backup (because who wants to recreate all those port forwarding rules agin right...)

config re applied back to 70mb download speeds.

im running the following apps:

webfilter
    virus blocker
    web cache
    application control
    firewall
    ad blocker
    reports
    openvpn
    tunnelvpn
    intursion detection

i have tried powering all the app off thinking maybe it was a processing power issue. but it made no difference, i added my machine in to a bypass rule..... no difference speed still tops out at 70.

even when i perform speedtest directly from the untangle box im getting same speeds. so i know issue is ocnfig related and not something else on the network.

my question is how can i solve this issue without having to redo my config from the ground up, iv got static dhcp-reservation, bypass rules, firewallr ules, port forwarding all setup as i like... factory reset isnt the asnwer im looking for but seems to fix my issue.

any help would be appreciated.

Head upi fixed it....
    so once upon a time i did try and play with the bandd widthcontrol app.

i ran through the setup and then for wahtever reason i ended up removing it, as it wasnt required.
    i remember during that config i had to specify my dl and ul speeds.

out of curitiosity i reinstalled the app, left it at all the default opntion for home,
    tried speed test.....noticed it was slightly different.

re ran the setup wizard again for bandwidth control, pushed my download speeds to the actual values well slightly above.
    saved

reloaded
    and boom all my full bandwidth

no ide ahow this was causing the issue when the app was uninstalled and not active but i cant see any other explination

Config -> Networking -> Advanced -> QoS

Bandwidth Control configures that tab, if you don't want the module, or QoS, you must remove the module AND disable QoS in the above section of the admin panel.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Is there a logical reason that the QoS settings arent removed when the BC module is removed? If not, we should open a bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfirex View Post
    Is there a logical reason that the QoS settings arent removed when the BC module is removed? If not, we should open a bug report.
    They are two different features, Bandwidth Control builds on top of QoS, but doesn't replace it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

QoS manages bypass sessions, Bandwidth Control with QoS manages sessions handled by the Untangle engine.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com