Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untanglit

I had a UDM Pro and wasted a ton of time trying to get it to work in the set-up you described and even tried Untangle in bridge mode. Ultimately I switched to Untangle and bought a used CK Gen 2+. I'm back to an incredibly stable network. The UDM Pro was constantly causing issues, chasing beta releases and spent more time in SSH than I had hoped. I'm using the most recent GA 5.x and avoiding 6 until more stable. In hindsight I'm not sure why I wasted so much time on the UDM Pro!

As a home user the only thing I'm missing is mDNS support which Untangle has known about since 2018 as the top requested home feature.

Untangle in Bridge mode impacted my upload speeds on FTTH PPPOE Clink.
    flyboysr71 likes this.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I will have to do the same thing, saying goodbye to my UDM, it's pain-in-the-you-know-where. :-) I'll probably just get CloudKey Gen 2 and Unifi AP.

If you're not planning to do surveillance, a Gen 1 cloudkey works just fine, just make sure it's on a UPS.

Or if you have a desktop online all the time, you can simply run the java controller as a service on it, that's what I do.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Hi. What do you do to work around the lack of mDNS support? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SHV_30067 View Post
    Hi. What do you do to work around the lack of mDNS support? Thanks
    I setup Avahi on a VM. Works great. Devices in my main VLAN can see devices in my IOT VLAN and cast to them.

Also, you don't need a CloudKey. I run the controller in a docker container.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12