Untangler

Default Untangle u150 hardware and license

I am looking at a used u150 for my home use (easier to mount in rack). When I install and then transfer my license (Home Protect Plus) to this new instance of Untangle, does this lock me in to this specific appliance or am I still able to move it back to a virtualized or generic type server hardware instance (for example, a hardware failure).

In addition, it looks as though there is an LCD screen on the appliance. Will this work out of the box with the standard Untangle software or do I need a special package?

Thanks again for this wonderful forum and great NGFW product!

-MW

The license is generally separate from the hardware. You can move it as many times as you would like. The exception is a few bundled deals.

The lcd requires a special package to be installed. Email support your UID once your box is online and support can install it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Yeah if you bought "just a sub" from Untangle.com that sub can be put on whatever you want via the untangle.com account that bought it.

There's a subscription ID, and a hardware ID, your untangle.com account lets you connect them to each other. You can break and remake that connection as many times as you want to, and it takes seconds to go into effect.

If you bought a specific hardware bundle that includes a sub in the past, some of those were hardware locked. But, none of the home subs ever were sold this way so I think it's safe to say you're not in this category.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    The license is generally separate from the hardware. You can move it as many times as you would like. The exception is a few bundled deals.

The lcd requires a special package to be installed. Email support your UID once your box is online and support can install it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Hi jcoffin,

Thank you for the tip on calling support. The box has been installed, restored, and running for the past few days. They were able to get the LCD working.

I do have one question through, the LCD shows "Serial" - "To Be Installed". Is there a place for me to put it or does that need to be done by support as well?

Thanks again!

-MW

The serial is written in the BIOS only on newer boxes. I'm guessing the serial numbers was not assigned on that box since it was before the process was implement. No reason to add it now.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com