Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: z4w replacement

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I don't have a wireless solution, because to be honest... they're all trash. Yes, using dedicated WAPs is flat better AND less expensive, especially now with HP's Aruba Instant On stuff.

But worse so than that, I don't have any hardware at all. Every single distributor, every single contact, every means I have at my disposal... and it amounts to nothing. I cannot get hardware from ANYONE that isn't peddling substandard crap.

Jim and I are about to start getting creative, I'm not happy with what we've got on the horizon but at least we'll have something.

The pandemic is all but destroyed the SOC market unless you're a large enough player to place orders for hundreds of units and willing to wait six months.
    So do you have a small appliance in the works?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Kyawa View Post
    Sure sounds like it..
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyawa View Post
    Yes, but the platform has a power level that's somewhere between the z6 and z12. You will never see something from me like the z4, the only way to get a price that matches that is to purchase complete garbage that compromises either on thermal and physical qualities such that it won't survive my desert climate here at home or compromising supply chain integrity. The latter is a huge problem, and I do not believe you can call something secure when it's being purchased from factories that are known to have a history of problems in this space.

But, again you have no choice at present. All firewall, network switch, and wireless access point hardware available at present is built from a supply chain that isn't valid for sale to the US government. Normally I could care less, but I feel VERY strongly about supply chain integrity due to past issues, and as such I'd rather not sell anything at all then sell a product that is built in the wrong place by the wrong people.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Yes, but the platform has a power level that's somewhere between the z6 and z12. You will never see something from me like the z4, the only way to get a price that matches that is to purchase complete garbage that compromises either on thermal and physical qualities such that it won't survive my desert climate here at home or compromising supply chain integrity. The latter is a huge problem, and I do not believe you can call something secure when it's being purchased from factories that are known to have a history of problems in this space.

But, again you have no choice at present. All firewall, network switch, and wireless access point hardware available at present is built from a supply chain that isn't valid for sale to the US government. Normally I could care less, but I feel VERY strongly about supply chain integrity due to past issues, and as such I'd rather not sell anything at all then sell a product that is built in the wrong place by the wrong people.
    This is why i refuse to sell Firewalls with built in wireless. Have it be Sonicwall Untangle Foritnet Cisco etc etc. IMO the best solution is a hardware based firewall then a wireless AP & switch or the bigger picture if larger scale.
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    If you can wait a couple of weeks, we will have a replacement for the z4w with much better wireless.
    Just following up on this thread. Any news on a release date, specs, etc.

Thanks again,

MW
    dashpuppy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mfwade View Post
    Just following up on this thread. Any news on a release date, specs, etc.

Thanks again,

MW
    Bump. I'd imagine it's some Arista-branded appliance?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by secret41 View Post
    Bump. I'd imagine it's some Arista-branded appliance?
    Should see something in about 2 weeks. Hold tight In in any event have a look at this ..Arista_CUE.jpg

Untangler

Looking forward to 'something' being released.

The other post on faceyspace said something about going live with the new HW release on 4/19. I wonder if that is still true.
    dashpuppy likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mfwade View Post
    Looking forward to 'something' being released.

The other post on faceyspace said something about going live with the new HW release on 4/19. I wonder if that is still true.
    That's what I have heard Id love to see Pricing & devices

Indeed. From the video on Arista's site it looks like it could be branded the Q8? I'm mostly nervous by how/if they'll change the availability for the prosumer market. It's not like it's particularly easy to get hands on Arista products as a home user. Unless they make this CUE line more available a la Meraki Go/Aruba Instant On.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast