Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: z4w replacement

I've gotten several notices that the hardware whatever it is will be available via the Untangle Partner program. Heck it might be available now, I just haven't looked. If Untangle.com doesn't have it, you can bet my website will. I won't be alone.

Given what's been communicated with the channel availability of whatever is coming shouldn't be an issue beyond the usual stuff associated with the shortages.

BUT... I also just got notification that I can finally order the 3060 for my son I got in line for last June. 3060 isn't a high margin chip, so if those are shipping it's starting to look like the NVIDIA CEO's prediction of Q4 being the end of the shortage to be accurate. So here's hoping the SOC market recovers at pace, it would indicate the hardware we actually want will start being available this Summer.... FINALLY.

As long as NGFW can be installed on 3rd party hardware, there will be an option for everyone. Guys like me will ensure that.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I've gotten several notices that the hardware whatever it is will be available via the Untangle Partner program. Heck it might be available now, I just haven't looked. If Untangle.com doesn't have it, you can bet my website will. I won't be alone.
    It's not available yet, it's coming, but not till "after" the 20th. Crossing fingers for the Q8 for me..
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Looks like the "W8" Untangled-branded appliance and its little brother the W4 are live. Looks like it's the same model as the Arista box, just painted green. $1275 for the W8

I appreciate the SFP+ ports on it, but I'm actually quite disappointed by the 1Gbe lines. I'd rather have no built-in wifi and at least 2.5Gbe ports. Although tbh at this price point full multi-gig or 10Gbe should be on it.

Edit - during checkout there appears to be no option to add a home-use license on to this appliance.
    Last edited by secret41; 04-19-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by secret41 View Post
    Looks like the "W8" Untangled-branded appliance and its little brother the W4 are live. Looks like it's the same model as the Arista box, just painted green. $1275 for the W8

I appreciate the SFP+ ports on it, but I'm actually quite disappointed by the 1Gbe lines. I'd rather have no built-in wifi and at least 2.5Gbe ports. Although tbh at this price point full multi-gig or 10Gbe should be on it.

Edit - during checkout there appears to be no option to add a home-use license on to this appliance.
    They will be releasing 2 versions, one is wireless, one is not. WHat is very weird though is in the Portfolio, they are called Q8 & Q8W.. SO strange. What the hell is Untangle doing.. So much mixed and matched information's.
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Q series is part of an integrated package with Arista's environment which uses external AP WiFi.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

You can buy Home subscription separately and apply it to the W8.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    You can buy Home subscription separately and apply it to the W8.
    It appears however, that you cannot purchase the appliance from the Untangle website without selecting a license. The home license is not an option with this appliance in checkout so you have to select another one.

Edit for clarity

It appears however, that you cannot purchase the appliance from the Untangle website without selecting a license.
    Ah, I see your point.

ECommerce websites... gotta love 'em!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Good Afternoon,

So, I went to purchase 2 of the W4 appliances complete with 3 years of HW support along with the Home Protect Plus software and shipping. During the first purchase attempt I received 2 invoices instead of one wherein I was charged on each invoice 2 license and 1 shipping charge. Worked with Untangle accounting and they credited me the amounts paid. Weird that I wasn't charged for the appliances though. When I went to purchase it again, I received only one invoice - same purchase though (2 appliances, 2 licenses and shipping). The invoice only shows the licenses and shipping. The website spews an error.

"There was an unexpected error during the processing of your order. Please contact Untangle Accounting (accounting@untangle.com or 1-408-598-4292) for assistance."

The first purchase was attempted with the ACH option. The second was attempted with a CC. All licenses show up under my account albeit the first four were credited/removed leaving only the final purchased 2 as available.

Not sure what the issue is as its not a money issue.

At any rate, will continue to work with them to ensure I am able to move forward with the purchase.

Anyone else have any issues purchasing the new devices?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast