Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: z4w replacement

Untangler

Default z4w replacement

Good Evening,

I was going to purchase the z4 wireless model however, I see that it is no longer available.

What is a comparable model that I should be looking at? If none from Untangle, other vendors?

Thank you,

-MW

If you can wait a couple of weeks, we will have a replacement for the z4w with much better wireless.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Absolutely, am in no hurry at the moment and can wait a few weeks for the product rollout.

-MW

Untangler

Maybe look at stuff from the most prolific poster on the forum?

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    He doesn't have a wireless version. IMO the best solution is to have a FW & then switch and ap's.
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dashpuppy View Post
    He doesn't have a wireless version. IMO the best solution is to have a FW & then switch and ap's.
    I dont disagree with you however, i dont want to spend that much on devices for the in-laws. A single supported box from Untange will suffice.

-MW

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    My concern would be support and warranty. While there is no getting around inexpensive overseas products, I much prefer the idea of supporting a company I like (Untangle) and leveraging their support where warranted.

If you have a link, I wouldnt mind taking a look though.

Thanks,

-MW

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by mfwade View Post
    My concern would be support and warranty. While there is no getting around inexpensive overseas products, I much prefer the idea of supporting a company I like (Untangle) and leveraging their support where warranted.

If you have a link, I wouldnt mind taking a look though.

Thanks,

-MW
    https://nexgenappliances.com/
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

I don't have a wireless solution, because to be honest... they're all trash. Yes, using dedicated WAPs is flat better AND less expensive, especially now with HP's Aruba Instant On stuff.

But worse so than that, I don't have any hardware at all. Every single distributor, every single contact, every means I have at my disposal... and it amounts to nothing. I cannot get hardware from ANYONE that isn't peddling substandard crap.

Jim and I are about to start getting creative, I'm not happy with what we've got on the horizon but at least we'll have something.

The pandemic is all but destroyed the SOC market unless you're a large enough player to place orders for hundreds of units and willing to wait six months.
    dashpuppy likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    I don't have a wireless solution, because to be honest... they're all trash. Yes, using dedicated WAPs is flat better AND less expensive, especially now with HP's Aruba Instant On stuff.

But worse so than that, I don't have any hardware at all. Every single distributor, every single contact, every means I have at my disposal... and it amounts to nothing. I cannot get hardware from ANYONE that isn't peddling substandard crap.

Jim and I are about to start getting creative, I'm not happy with what we've got on the horizon but at least we'll have something.

The pandemic is all but destroyed the SOC market unless you're a large enough player to place orders for hundreds of units and willing to wait six months.
    You mean like the Aruba AIO stuff i have in my hands and about toi do a video on for people Ap22 & Their 8port POE switch for the video. IN my home i run their 24 port POE & ap12 & the 8port goes under my desk connected fia SFP - fibre..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast