Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Untangler

This specific board is X10SDV-2C-TP4F but the same card wasnt recognized in 4 other Supermicro boards either.....

Manufactured for IBM by Intel, means that card was specially constructed for IBM server mainboards.

Use in other mainboards may or may not work. And YES they do play with the PCIe bus configuration so you can't assume it will work in anything that isn't IBM sourced.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

That appears to be the case.. Oh well, Ive had them laying around here for a while. I just received an Intel i350 Quad Port card today so Ill throw that in this new NGFW build

Untangler

Can you flash the firmware to an intel version? Don't know if things like that are an option anymore. LOL

Master Untangler

Intel i350 is in and UT recognized it righta away. All is good and working. Nice fast and quiet appliance.

Last edited by defcomllc; 05-20-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by defcomllc View Post
    This specific board is X10SDV-2C-TP4F but the same card wasnt recognized in 4 other Supermicro boards either.....

yep... that's PCIe gen1 nic card right there. What's complicated on modern motherboard is you put this on a slot gen2 or up, it will technically negotiate down internally to gen1 but some motherboards don't do it. It's a manufacturer UEFI or hardware implementation issue and why i mention changing manually in UEFI. However, not all UEFI implementations have that option, mine does.
    dashpuppy likes this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by defcomllc View Post
    Intel i350 is in and UT recognized it righta away. All is good and working. Nice fast and quiet appliance.

Nice board, m.2 onboard !! Must boot fast ! Make sure you setup your backups Mines the same board but smaller..
    Started Youtube Channel, Have a question about Untangle Ask me : jason @ jasonslab.ca
    https://www.youtube.com/c/jasonslabvideos << Please like and subscribe, helps me out !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12