Thread: Mouse problem

Default Mouse problem

Hello everybody. I already read the "Mouse issue" thread of months ago, but my case is a bit different.

I've been using Untangle just for this week, and today, after the boot, the mouse was no more working. Now, I can manage Untangle by remote access, but I'd like to make the mouse work again, is this possible?

I have a PS2 mouse, connected in the right place, and working on other PCs; also, I used a USB mouse, which DMSG shows it's recognized, but still don't work. I haven't done any upgrade to the kernel, by my hands at least...

Any suggestion? Is there a way to manage the Untangle modules by shell? Will it be as working on a Knoppix machine?

Thank you for any help.

BrownB

I tested the mouse with:
    cat /dev/psaux

and moving the mouse I can see data coming in and then printed out on the screen. So the mouse works. How can I "connect" it to the windowing system?

ps/2 mice require rebooting on some motherboards
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Default Resolved at least

Finally i resolved, in this way:
    1) tested the mouse by "cat /dev/psaux" or "cat /dev/mouse" to see which device was receiving mouse data;
    2) once I found the mouse device, I edited "/etc/X11/XF86config-4" and commented out the "Serial Mouse" section.
    3) also I run XF86cfg and selected the correct mouse device (with 3 buttons emulation) and applied => the program exited with an error.
    4) reboot.
    5) mouse works. Fine.

The solution is almost obvious, but perhaps this would help other people in future.

Brown B.