Question Untangle unable to install on IBM Netvista M41

Hi Untangle Gurus,

We are looking at rolling out a standard untangle box to our clients and have successfully installed on a Dell Optiplex GX150. We have picked up two IBM Netvista M41 (6790 11U) and cannot install Untangle on either machine.

We are using DLINK Nic's as the secondary NIC to the onboard.

The software will boot off the CD but is not responsive after the UNTANGLE - PLEASE WAIT screen. We have left the systems to run for up to 20hours without any progress.

Is this a Linux Distro issue?

Any help is always appreciated.

Thank you.

Steve

i had a similar problem wit a DLINK NIC, disabling busmastering resolved the problem.

Untangler

Also, try using different video cards. It's possible the onboard video (if it has one) doesn't like the standard video drivers. Sounds like it's getting hung on the X video drivers. to see if that is so, on the stuck screen, hit Alt-F1 and Alt-F2 back and forth, you should get "X session (something, forgot)" I was getting this too and going to another video card solved it.

One that works in mine shows up as (in lspci):

0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV15 [GeForce2 GTS/Pro] (rev a3)
    Last edited by DrArkaneX; 09-29-2007 at 06:01 PM.

Talking

OK Everyone, I feel really silly ...

Turns out it was a RAM problem. My box only had 128MB. I have since upgraded to 384MB with the extra chip I had laying around and the software has installed properly without issue.

Thank you for all of your help and thank you for this amazing piece of software!

Steve

mdh

Its good that you got it up and running on 384MB. If you intend to put any kind of load on the box, you might want to put some more RAM in there. We recommend a minimum of 512M for 50 users, though you already know you got it going on less.

It is being used on my home network with only 4 users but I still intend to upgrade the RAM. I have to say that I have noticed my internet browsing speed seems 10 times fast, its incredible. The old DLINK router I used before is going in the garbage.

Thank you again.