Question Problems with new installs

Hey, I'm getting almost exactly same symptoms on 3 new installs. "failed to connect" error and the "try again" click box. Usually I can get through to Google, almost anything else gives me a failed to connect error. I am also finding that I cannot login to the Untangle via the network interface, as if somehow my password or user name has been changed.

This is very embarrassing to have all these machines fail. I do the install, everything is running tits, next morning (or a day or so later) nothing seems right or is outright hosed. I think a hacker has found a hole.

I have yet to see one of these installs last longer than 3 days before this happens.
    Untangle is a LifeSaver!

These are 3 new boxes. 2gb ram, 160gb hd, pk5PL-AM SE ASUS bds w/2.2ghz dual core intel cpu's.

Have spent many hours running full ram memory tests with no errors. Even installed a typical OS and ran boxes with no issues.

Install the box as an Untangle and pretty much by morning time, nothing is working right.
    Untangle is a LifeSaver!

Yonnie please start your own thread. Your issue isn't the same.

Do a forum search for Asus and you will not find favorable results. Asus likes to overclock boards by default and linux doesn't sit well with a good portion of them. That said your board is an Intel G31 base which is known to work well from other manufacturers.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Sorry, wasn't able to get back online from where I was. I'm now about 8,000 miles from there. Try explaining that I need a G31 base MB to someone who only sells ASUS, doesn't speak English, all through a translater who doesn't understand computer techno-speak. That is hard enough here in US. I had to give up on the project. Every computer connected to the network would shortly thereafter become hosed, if wasn't windows, and if it was would gain about 100 viruses, a dozen or so Trojans and a couple rootkits in minutes. Since I couldn't pack the computers into my luggage, I left them for the next IT victim. Besides, the weather was too damn hot! (try moving from where a hot day is 14C, to a place where a cold day is 34C)
    Untangle is a LifeSaver!