Question Server or configuration issue?

I am testing out v6.2 to use on our business LAN. I have UT configured with Internal and External interfaces as static address on our subnet and set a test client's gateway to be the Internal interface (right now I'm only testing the web filter). UT works fine for a few minutes, blocking pages as expected, then quits. It no longer blocks or logs any traffic, and allows everything through. After rebooting it works again for awhile before stopping. As I'm not a Linux guru, or familiar with UT, I don't know where to look for error logs (if there are any). There isn't any other indication of an issue except that block list entries cannot be removed/saved when its malfunctioning.

The setup is relatively simple as we don't need anything complicated, so I don't know what it could be except a hardware compatibility issue. I'm using an HP desktop DC7700 with a D-link DFE530TX NIC added as the second interface for the UT Server. Anyone have input?

how much ram, cpu, and disk does it have?

does the console lock up?

welcome to the forums!
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Its a Pentium Dual Core e4400 or something at 2 ghz. I had 2GB of DDR2800 in it, but it wasn't technically supported by HP, so I put the stock 1 GB of DDR2533 back in it. I was suspicious at first that the RAM was the culprit. Unfortunately, it still had issues.

The console does not appear to fully lock up. The TX/RX indicators move, but do not correspond with actual traffic. The level indicators on the rack module for the web filter do not show anything when the system is malfunctioning. The menus still work and appear to function minus the issue from my first post.

Default Moving on

I decided to try installing UT on another machine. It seems to be working just fine (minus video issues) on a Dell PE860. It appears as though UT doesn't have the correct video driver for the onboard ATI RN50. It's not too big of a deal, since I won't be doing much from the console. It does display, but the monitor reports that the signal is out of range and it's a little more work to deal with window sizes (screen is skewed to the right).