Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by neiby View Post
    The upside is that we'll get to know Untangle *really* well very quickly!
    Truer words were never spoken.

For your situation I would isntall the attack blocker AND TURN IT ON.

The Attack Blocker does some rather esoteric crap... but the most important of which for a situation as large as yours...

It regulate the concurrent session use of clients passing through the UT...

The only way a UT stops responding to the network is you've locked out the 10k concurrent session limit.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I'm not sure that's what's going on in this case. Last night, especially after 5:00, Internet demand would have been really low. And UT as a whole did not stop responding. Regular Internet access did not seem to be affected. It was incoming traffic to our main website and to our Outlook Web Access server, and the UT web UI stopped responding.

There's also something odd about the periodicity of it. It seemed to be happening every ten minutes and lasting for ten minutes each time. I don't know that for certain and it might be a red herring, but that seemed to be the case.

There should be more demand right now than there was last night after 5:00. Our firewall says there are 1217 current connections and a previous maximum of 2827 connections. That includes TCP and UDP connections.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011